The Busselton Regional Airport is located just 6.5km from the town centre of Busselton and is a modern facility owned and operated by the City of Busselton.
NOISE MANAGEMENT PLAN
The Busselton Regional Airport Noise Management Plan was approved by the Minister for the Environment on the 22 June 2012.
The Busselton Regional Airport Noise Management Plan and the EPA's Ministerial Statement 901 are available by the attached links.
*** Busselton Regional Airport Noise Management Plan
*** EPA's Ministerial Statement 901
To Aircraft Users and Airline Operators:
Please ensure that you are familiar of the revised Airport operating hours and associated noise limits contained within the Noise Management Plan.
Where stated in the Noise Management Plan that approvals are required to use the Aiport, airline and airport operators are required to contact the:
Airport Manager Ph: 0419 046 601
Airport Operations Coordinator Ph: 0427 819 008
Busselton- Perth Passenger Service
Currently there is a twice weekly passenger service available through Skywest. Information about this service is available at www.skywest.com.au or by contacting 1300 660 088.
Flights can also be made by arrangement with charter services.
Alternatively you could contact Geographe Bay Tourism for how to get to Busselton.
Skywest Discounts for Busselton residents
Skywest, together with the City of Busselton are committed to offering Busselton residents with access to exclusive discounts not available to the general public.
As a Busselton Resident:
- Do you have a Drivers Licence, Rates Notice or Utility Bill as proof of residence?
- Will you be travelling to Perth for private or leisure purposes?
If you answered Yes to all of the questions above you are eligible to access exclusive Skywest Residents Fare Member discounts.
Click on the link at the bottom of the page for further information.
On 23 November 2011, City of Busselton Council adopted the Master Plan for the Busselton Regional Airport 2011 – 2031. The Master Plan is now available to the public for viewing.
City of Busselton
Locked Bag No. 1
Busselton, Western Australia 6280
Ph: (08) 9781 0444
Fax: (08) 9752 4958
Terminal Building Phone and answering machine: (08) 9754 2333
Fax: (08) 9754 2300
Airport Manager: 0419 046 601
Airport Operations Officer: 0417 928 916
The Busselton Regional Airport is located 6.5 kilometres from the town centre of Busselton and is 220 kilometres south, south west from the Perth International Airport. Access is from Vasse Highway and later, as the development of the land surrounding the Airport occurs, from Bussell Highway.
The position is:
Latitude: 33° 41’ 30" South
Longitude: 115° 23’ 30" East
The Busselton Regional Airport was opened on the 15th March 1997 and is fully licensed by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).
Air Traffic Control
The facility of local Air Traffic Control is not available. Visual weather observation and safety inspections are carried out daily. Automatic weather records are transferred to the National Centre.
Hangar sites - land only with power are available on a 10 year lease with an option to extend for a further 10 years. Applications should be made through the City of Busselton.
Busselton Aero Club
The Busselton Aero Club has an established local membership and Clubroom at the Airport. Phone (08) 9751 1400.
USER INFORMATION AND LANDING CHARGES
Busselton Regional Airport
Phone: (08) 9754 2333 / 0417 928 916
Fax: (08) 9754 2300
LANDING FEES & GENERAL AVIATION CHARGES 2012/2013 :
- Regular Passenger Transport
- Passenger charge (head tax) for RPT flights (arriving & departing passengers: $20.00 (incl GST)
- Passenger Screening charge (departing passengers only). Applies to RPT and passenger requiring screening during the RPT operational period : $20.00 (incl GST)
- Passenger Facilitation fee (Charter flights using Ground & BHS services) : $20.00 (incl GST)
- General Aviation Charges
- Aircraft 0-999kg MTOW per part : $3.50 (incl gst)
- Aircraft 1000 - 1999kg MTOW per part 1000kg : $7.70 (incl GST)
- Aircraft 2000 - 5699kg MTOW per part 1000kg : $14.00 (incl GST)
- Aircraft greater than 5700kg MTOW per part 1000kg : $18.00 (incl GST)
- An annual landing fee per aircraft, for private aircraft (not including flight training aircraft) for City of Busselton residents and hangar lessees only with aircraft less than 1000kg : $176.00 (incl GST)
- Apron Parking
- Apron Parking only - for aircraft parked overnight (as at 0000hrs) : $25.00 (incl GST)
- Apron Parking only - daily rate for aircraft based at Busselton Regional Airport for 10 plus nights per month : $10.00 (incl GST)
- FIFO Secure Carparking
Vehicles $37 / up to 3 weeks (incl GST)
Motorcycles $16 / up to 3 weeks (incl GST)
- Other Fees
- Flight Training Permits (as defined in the City of Busselton Noise Management Plan on approval by the City only) : $165.00 (incl GST)
- Hire Car license fee for operating at the Busselton regional Airport (in addition to lease) : $165.00 (incl GST)
- Fuel Levy
- To cover bowser maintenance : $0.03 per litre (incl GST)
Runway length (sealed, marked): 1800m
Runway strip width: 30m seal, 150m strip
Runway direction: 03/21
Apron size: 100m x 35m
(1000 KPa tyre pressure)
Unlimited BAe146 operations.
NDB (Frequency 386)
Automatic weather station (Information transmitted to National Centre)
Illuminated Wind Indicator x2
Landing aid: PAPI
Height above sea level: 16m AHD
No obstacle limitations for 2% gradient
Air Radio Frequency: 127.0 MHz VHF
Ground/Air Radio Frequency: 127.0 MHz VHF
For courtesy and to avoid inconvenience, pilots are asked to avoid flying over, or to fly above 1500 feet:
- St Andrews Lane residents (3.6km from runway centre)
Lat: 33º 41' 42", Long: 15º 21' 8"
- Estuary Waters Estate (3.8km from runway centre)
Lat: 33º 39' 29", Long: 115º 22' 53"
- Pigeon Grove (3.8km from runway centre)
Lat: 33º 39' 11", Long: 115º 27' 34"
- Two (2) Residences (Sabina Vale) (4.0km north-east from runway centre)
Lat: 33º 40' 45", Long: 115º 26' 7"
- One (1) Residence (1km south from runway centre)
Lat: 33º 42' 6", Long: 115º 24' 6"
- One (1) Residence (6km north north-east from runway centre)
Lat: 33º 40' 9", Long: 115º 27'
This is not a formal list but due to proximity, location or other significant reason, this area is listed for information only.
Pilot activated strip and apron lighting.
Frequency for switching (3 second hold) 119.6 MHz VHF
Standby power provided.
The 270 square metre rammed earth building has been designed to reflect the style of the South West. There is seating for 40 passengers, toilet facilities and pay phone. There are 64 unsecured general public carparking bays plus, 96 secured parking bays for FIFO Mining employees.
Aircraft Refuelling Service
The City owned refuelling facility is managed by Busselton Aero Club - Pilots who require refuelling services should contact Busselton Aero Club on phone / fax (08) 9751 1400 (after hours - 0417 177 626).
If you wish to lodge a complaint you will be required to provide information relating specifically to aircraft flight details, your place of residence (or where you hear the aircraft noise) and any other details.
Please contact the City of Busselton's Commercial Services Manager on 08 9781 0389.
GA Aircraft Parking
Limited GA aircraft parking is available on grassed surface.
RPT parking is allocated to Parking Bay 2, Private Charter and GA apron parking to Parking Bay 1.
Hire Car Failities - Contact Geographe Bay Toursim Association on 9752 2066 for available hire car company information
Fire Fighting Services
The following services are available:
- Tank on site for connection to tender
- Aircraft and building - WA Fire & Rescue Service (Busselton)
- Field fire - Yoongarillup Bush Fire Brigade
- Busselton - WA Police Service
FLY IN FLY OUT (FIFO) at Busselton Regional Airport
This service is not provided by the City of Busselton you will need to contact mining companies direct to find out if they fly in/fly out their employees to/from Busselton Airport.
Rio Tinto employees
FIFO employees from Busselton Airport, for any flight departure/arrival times please contact Mark Guthridge at Geographe Bay Tourism Association (GBTA) on (08)9752 5800.
Secure Parking for FIFO
For queries and for operational issues relating to FIFO secure parking at the Busselton Regional Airport, please contact the Airport Operations Officer on 0417 928 916.
Return to index page