Community Donations, Bids and Event Sponsorship 2013/2014 - Round 1
Community Bids and Sponsorship
Financial Assistance for Community Groups, Organisations, Projects and Events in the City of Busselton
Financial assistance is available to groups and organisations for projects and events in the City of Busselton. There are a number of ways to apply for financial assistance. To ensure you apply for the most appropriate area of assistance please read the options below or contact the City to discuss your project further.
- Donation, Contribution and Subsidies Fund
Each year the City of Busselton makes provision in the budget for members of the community to apply for sponsorship, up to $500, which will directly benefit the community.
To see if you or your organisation is able to apply for funding, please read the guidelines attached below.
2. Community Bids
The aim of the community bids is to grant financial assistance to organisations that provide services or activities that align with the City’s Strategic Plan and deliver sustainable social, environmental and /or economic benefit to the City of Busselton community. Up to two funding rounds of the Community Bids are held each year, subject to the outcome of Round 1. The funding rounds are held in April and October of each year.
The City of Busselton offers two levels of funding to the community:
- Minor Grants (0 - $5,000)
- Major Grants ($5,000 +)
Funding is available in three categories:
- Community Enhancement
- Sport and Recreation Development
- Environment Wellbeing
Eligibility for Community Bids Funding:
- Community Bids are available to not for profit groups and organisations located in the City of Busselton. However, in special circumstances organisations outside the City of Busselton with a proposed project, program or activity to take place within the City may be considered or project that have a significant regional benefit.
- The program/project must be delivered within the Financial Year that the funding is awarded.
- Community groups may submit only one application per category in each funding round.
- All applications must be submitted on the appropriate Community Bids Grant Application Form.
- Community groups/organisations must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be Incorporated.
Applications for Community Bids 2013/14 Funding Round 1, open on the 1st April 2013 and close on the 30th April 2013
3. Event Sponsorship Program
Recognising the positive economic and social benefits events and tourism has on the region; the City has developed an Event Sponsorship Program that aims to assist in the funding and attraction of year-round events to the region, bridging the existing events shoulder season and further advancing the region as the Events Capital of the South West. Funding Rounds are held in March and September of each year.
Every proposal for an event seeking sponsorship from the City of Busselton is required to complete an Event Sponsorship Application. This format has been designed to ensure:
- Planning for every event is rigorous, transparent and comprehensive;
- Annual events use the Event Sponsorship Application as a planning tool to continually improve the quality of the event; and
- The City’s marketing and Events Reference Group can assess each proposal fairly and equitably.
Applications for Event Sponsorship 2013/14 Funding Round 1 closed on 28th March 2013
Further information is available below in the Community Bids Information Pack. Prospective Community Bid applicants are welcome to contact the Community Development Officer on 08 9781 0496 to discuss their applications prior to submission. Application forms can be found below.
|Community Bids Information Pack 2013.pdf||505.66 KB|
|Donations Contributions Subsidies Application Form.pdf||383.8 KB|
|Donations Contributions Subsidies Guidelines.pdf||137.05 KB|
|Evaluation Form Community Bids 2013-2014 Hand Written.pdf||323.87 KB|