Rubbish Collection Service
A weekly domestic rubbish collection service operates in Busselton, Dunsborough, Yallingup, Eagle Bay and Vasse. To enable this service to operate efficiently, residents are required to provide either a 120 or 240 litre dark-green mobile garbage bin. Bins can be purchased from either the Busselton Home Hardware Store, 81-93 West Street, Busselton or Dunsborough Hardware Mitre 10, Enterprise Park, 94 Faure Lane, Dunsborough.
Where a weekly residential collection is provided, residents are asked to:
- Face the bin to the kerb as indicated by the arrow fixed to the lid of the bin and place your bin in a clear area, one (1) metre from the kerb.
- Place your bin in a convenient location to assist with its efficient collection.
- Do not overload your bin or place items in the bins so that the lid will not close (70kg MAX).
- Place all rubbish inside the bin (rubbish not placed in the bin cannot be collected).
- Wrap all food waste.
- Keep the bin clean.
- Remove the bin from the kerb as soon as convenient after it has been emptied.
- Place the bin on the verge for collection prior to 6AM on the day of the collection (as some collections are made early in the morning).
- Please ensure your bin is a least 500mm clear of other bins, recycling bins or other obstructions.
- Please do not place hot ashes or material in the bin that may cause dust nuisance or fire hazard.
- NEVER put containers of oil in your wheelie bin. They explode in the truck causing a mess on the truck, road, verge & your bin. Waste motor oil (up to 20 litres) is accepted free of charge at both the Busselton Transfer Station & Dunsborough Waste Facility every day of the week.
To find out what day the refuse collection is for your street go to -
http://maps.busselton.wa.gov.au click on address tab to enter your property address and click search. The garbage collection day will show in the property information on the side of the screen.
|Recycling Collection Calendar 2014-15.pdf||1.33 MB|
|Waste Disposal Charge to Ratepayers 2014.pdf||187.44 KB|