Heavy Haulage

Main Roads WA (MRWA) reviewed its Heavy Vehicle Permit Application process with new arrangements taking effect from 31st March 1997. The application process involves each Council providing MRWA with an approved Heavy Vehicle Permit Plan (HVPP) with standard conditions. MRWA will then be responsible for administering all applications and approvals, and thus removing individual application processing at the Local Government level. Roads not on the Heavy Vehicle Permit Plan require Council approval before MRWA will issue the Permits. Application must be on the standard form available from the City of Busselton.

The Director, Engineering and Works Services advises Main Roads WA (MRWA) of Council's Heavy Vehicle Permit Plan and conditions to be imposed on all applications seeking approval to use Council's heavy haulage routes. Council conditions do not apply to main roads in the City - Bussell and Vasse Highways, Busselton Bypass, Sues Road and Caves Road.

Please find below as attachments:

  • Details of conditions (but not limited to) for all Heavy Haulage Vehicle Permit applications;
  • Application form for Heavy Vehicle Permit Approval.

If you require further assistance, please phone the Engineering and Works Services Directorate on (08) 9781 0384 or email: Justin.Smith@busselton.wa.gov.au