The Local Planning Strategy was endorsed by the Western Australian Planning Commission on 13 March 2020 and provides the Council and the community with the vision and strategic planning direction for the City of Busselton for the next 10 to 15 years. The strategy will also support and guide the review of the local planning scheme. Preparation of the Local Planning Strategy has considered all relevant State and Council plans and policies, including the local ‘sector-based’ commercial, tourism, cultural, environmental and rural strategies listed below. The Local Planning Strategy is arranged in two parts:
Part A - Local Planning Strategy, which comprises:
- The vision of the Local Planning Strategy and how it relates to the Leeuwin Naturaliste Sub-Regional Strategy and local planning scheme
- Five themes, objectives and strategies which will deliver the desired outcomes for each of the theme areas
- Local Planning Strategy Map
Part B - Local Planning Strategy report, which comprises:
- The background to the development of the Local Planning Strategy
- Local profile (population projections housing supply) and discussion on planning issues.