Local Planning Policies
Local Planning Polices complement the Local Planning Scheme and provide guidance to the City and to the public on interpreting legislation and making decisions on a range of town planning matters.
The Policies are designed to ensure a high quality of development is maintained through consistent decision making and the processing of development applications in a fair and equitable manner.
The facts and individual merits of a proposal must be considered in their own right, with the relevant policies being used as an aid to making the decision or recommendation.
Planning Policies should be read in conjunction with the Local Planning Scheme.
The Council has endorsed a number of other planning guidance documents and strategies which the City will also have regard to in the consideration of planning applications and proposals.
Revoked Local Planning Policies
9th September 2020 (C2009/1040)
- LPP 4.8: Outbuildings
- LPP 4.9: Outbuilding Assessments
12th August 2020 (C2008/083)
- LPP 1.4: Single Dwelling Design
- LPP 6.2: Drainage Infill Contributions
- LPP 6.3: Mosquito Contributions
30 October 2019 (C1910/208)
12th February 2020 (C2002/035)
- LPP 1A : Canal Lots
- LPP 1E : Grouped and Multiple Dwelling and Habitat
- LPP 1G : Kalgaritch Estate
- LPP 1H : Abbey Green Estate
- LPP 8B : Social Impact Statements