Keeping and Control of Cats
The City of Busselton also has Local Laws which control the number of cats kept on premises in order to protect native fauna and outline requirements for Cat Permits.
If you own more than 2 cats over the age of 6 months, you will be required to complete an Application to Keep More than Two Cats form. These permits are an application fee of $77.00, these permits are not transferable if you move house, you replace a cat or get another cat.
The conditions of having a Cat Permit are:
- Each cat on the premises is registered and micro-chipped.
- Each cat must be sterilised (unless approved by the City for breeding purposes).
- Each cat must be contained on the premises, unless under the control of a person.
- The premises shall be maintained in good order and in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Adequate space shall be provided on the premises for the exercise of the cats.
- The permit holder shall not substitute or replace any cat once that cat dies or is permanently removed from the premises.
- The permit is not transferable to other permit holders or properties.
If you require an application form please contact Ranger and Emergency Services on 9781 0444 or you can download one from our Forms page.