COVID-19 – Information, Updates and FAQ's
Please refer to our COVID-19 - FAQ's.
Please refer to our information on Supporting Local Businesses
Please refer to our information on Community Support
Please refer to the City of Busselton's Business Support Program
As the situation with COVID-19 develops, the City's priority remains the health and safety of our community and staff. We thank you for your cooperation during the crisis and ask for further cooperation as we work through the State Government's four-phased WA Roadmap for the easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
In response to Phase 3 the City will re-open a range of facilities and services in line with new gathering and social distancing regulations. These new regulations allow gatherings of up to 100 people per single undivided space and up to 300 people in a venue where there are multiple spaces. In both instances there must be an allowance of 2msq per person.
Phase 4 Fast Facts (effective 27 June 2020)
- From Saturday, 27 June, Phase 4 of the WA Roadmap came into effect.
- There is no limit on the number of patrons permitted in a venue, however, the 2 square metre rule and physical distancing apply. This means the maximum number of patrons permitted will be based on the size of the venue.
- All events are permitted except for large scale, multi-stage music festivals.
- Unseated performances are also permitted at venues such as concert halls, live music venues, bars, pubs and nightclubs.
- The casino gaming floor has reopened under agreed temporary restrictions.
- Good hygiene practices, physical distancing and frequent cleaning should continue to be observed.
- Venues that can hold more than 500 patrons need to include staff in their patron count.
COVID-19 Hardship Relief
Council has implemented an interim COVID-19 Hardship Policy for the remainder of the 2019-2020 financial year. The policy outlines a range of measures to lessen the immediate impact on local householders experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 restrictions.
Please refer to our FAQs to assist with determining if you are eligible to make application under this policy.
Lodge an online application for City of Busselton COVID-19 Financial Hardship support here.
It is important to note that the economic situation will also have significant impact on the Council budget.
If you have any questions or concerns, you should contact the Public Health Information Line on 1800 004 599 or visit the Department of Health.
Please read our range of general FAQs for more information.
We will endeavour to keep you updated via this page and our media releases.
- Australian Government App - the app is available for download on Apple and Android via your app store