Notice of Annual General Meeting of Electors
In accordance with s.5.29 of the Local Government Act 1995, the City of Busselton hereby gives public notice of a General Meeting of Electors.
The meeting will be held on Monday 8 February 2021 in the Undalup Room, 2 Southern Drive, Busselton (access from Causeway Road, Busselton). The purpose of this meeting is to consider the City of Busselton 2019/2020 Annual Report and the 2019/2020 Annual Financial Statements, and any other business.
The City of Busselton 2019/2020 Annual Report is available for viewing at the City’s Administration Building, at the Busselton and Dunsborough libraries, and on the City’s website at 2019-2020 Annual Report.
This meeting will be held at 5.30pm and all members of the public are encouraged to attend.
For further information, please contact Melissa Egan, Governance Officer.
Email: email@example.com; Ph: 08 9781 0338
Chief Executive Officer
Electors Meetings – General
- The City of Busselton must hold a General Electors Meeting every financial year, as required by the Local Government Act 1995.
- The City may select the day on which the General Electors Meeting will be held, as long it is no later than 56 days after the City has accepted the Annual Report for the previous financial year.
- The matters to be heard at a General Electors Meeting are the contents of the Annual Report for the previous financial year and any other general business.
- The Chief Executive Officer must provide 14 days’ notice of an Electors Meeting to the public and Councillors.
Electors Meetings – Special
- The City of Busselton is to hold a Special Electors Meeting if requested by:
- 100 electors or 5% of the number of electors (whichever is the lesser number); or
- 1/3 of the number of Councillors.
- A request for a Special Electors Meeting must:
- Be addressed to the Mayor; and
- Specify the matters to be discussed at the meeting; and
- Contain the information and be in the form as prescribed by Regulations, namely Form 1