Temporary Sign Application
A temporary Sign includes:
- A sign erected by a not for profit sporting or community group for the purpose of advertising a sporting or community event (e.g. cultural activities, sporting registration days, arts and craft fairs, market days or other events of public interest) in the format of:
- An ‘A’ or ‘T’ Frame sign that is self-supporting sign made of rigid, lightweight material that is capable of being easily moved by hand;
- A Horizontal Banner sign made of light weight, non-rigid material such as cloth, canvas or similar attached by a rope or similar material to poles or other vertical anchoring points;
- A Vertical Banner sign made of fabric or similar material with a single mast constructed of carbon-fibre or similar flexible material attached to a weighted base or otherwise anchored to the ground. These are typically marketed as teardrop, feather or blade wing signs.
- A Variable Message sign that is electronic and is capable of displaying a single message or a series of messages.
A temporary sign does not include:
- Fixed directional tourism signs or signs promoting public events (e.g. Concerts and music festivals, motorsport events, sporting events, cultural and community events, shows and fairs, exhibitions, wine and food festivals and surfing events);
- Signs and advertising devices on or in the vicinity of highways and main roads that come under the control of the Commissioner of Main Roads;
- Signs, advertising or otherwise, that are covered under separate legislation (including elections signage), local planning policies or the Local Planning Scheme;
- A Home Open Sign that complies with the policy; or
- A Garage Sale sign that complies with the policy
Please provide a plan showing the location of the proposed sign. E.g. an image from Google maps with a pin placed in the location.
Please attach any documents, photographs or diagrams to support your application