Rates and Charges

Information on the City of Busselton's Rating System and Other Fees


To receive your Rates Notice via email please register your details here

Further Notices document here(PDF, 198KB) .

Pensioner/Seniors' Concessions

Pensioners who meet certain criteria are entitled to claim a concession of up to 50% (capped) of the current year’s rates, or a deferment of Council rates.  Seniors who meet certain criteria are entitled to claim a concession of up to 25% (capped) of the current year's rates. Application by all pensioners or seniors may be made via the Water Corporation on www.watercorporation.com.au or 1300 659 951.  Should you hold an account with the Water Corporation please have your account number ready.

Download and complete Pensioner/Senior Application Form(PDF, 151KB)

2016/2017 Pensioner Rebate Capping:

In its 2016/2017 Budget, the State Government announced that from 1st July 2016 that the 50% concession on local government rates applicable to eligible pensioners would be restricted to a maximum of $750.00.

The introduction of the cap on pensioner rebate is a State Government initiative and any concerns should be directed to your local Member of State Parliament.

Late Payment Costs - Rates and Service Charges

With the exception of eligible pensioners, late payment charges are accrued daily and will be charged on all rates in arrears as at July 1 in any year, and on instalments or lump sums not met by their due dates.  Ratepayers not paying by a formalised instalment arrangement and being charged late payment fees may also have legal action taken against them for the recovery of any outstanding debt.

Rating Valuations

Objections can be lodged against the accuracy of Council’s rating details or the rating valuations used in assessing rates. This procedure does not negate the normal ratepayer responsibilities to meet payments within the prescribed time limits.  Further information on valuations can be obtained here.          

Objection to Valuations

Objection forms can be found here.

In Person: Landgate, 9th Floor Bunbury Tower  61 Victoria St  BUNBURY  WA  6230

Postal:  Valuation Services  PO Box 177 BUNBURY  WA  6231
Phone:  08 9721 0800
Fax:  08 9721 0838
Email:  Bunburyvs@landgate.wa.gov.au

Changing Address? 

Download and complete Change of Name and Address Form(PDF, 423KB)

Statement of Rates.

Using this form one can request and pay for a statement setting out the rates of a property (and also request a property information certificate as well or instead of which will give details of what affects the property from all departments).  Normally this request is done through Landgate by settlement agents.  However, where a small agency does not have that facility set up or a person doing their own settlement, they can complete one of these forms.

Download and complete Application Form(PDF, 240KB)


Rates Department (08) 9781 0444

Other information: 

General Account enquiries:  Please contact the Rates Department on 08 9781 0444 or email rates@busselton.wa.gov.au 

Payments in Advance Requests or Deferment of Rates:  Please call in to Council's Customer Service Centre or telephone 9781 0444

Payment methods available - See also Pay Your Bills:

  • In Person - (at the Customer Service Centre – 38 Peel Tce Busselton ) - Cash, Cheque or EFTPOS.
  • Post - Cheque, Money Order or Credit Card (complete details on the back of the notice) to City of Busselton, Locked Bag 1, Busselton WA 6280
  • Telephone - Contact BPoint on 1300 276 468
  • Online - via the BPoint payment portal 

 Please note the Council does not accept Diners Club or American Express cards.