Update December 2012
Work is progressing well on Stage 2 of the Busselton Foreshore redevelopment. Elements include:
- Redesigning the public car parking west of Queen St which has been completed and will provided much needed additional Foreshore parking especially during the peak tourist seasons.
- Replacement of the existing seawall was completed in November 2011. Two sets of beach access steps are to be installed in mid January 2013.
- Construction of a new promenade and community facilities such as BBQs; seating; shaded areas; drinking fountains with shower facilities are in progress.
- The Signal Park redevelopment will provide public open space and the additional capacity to cater for local public events and high profile iconic events which generate considerable economic activity and national/international exposure. The carparks, reticulation and electrical services and are completed ready for event use.
- The Scout Road jetty refurbishment is now complete with the U shaped swimming jetty due for completion by the end of November 2012.
- The Concept designs for the Phase 2A Youth, Community and Events and Phase 3 Railway House are well underway with the relevant stakeholders currently engaged in consultation with the City to finalise the required elements for these buildings.
- The design work for the upgrade of Queen Street, from Marine Terrace to the Foreshore, is in progress. This Town/Foreshore Spine will become the visual connection up along Queen Street and through to the beach front.