Civic and Administration Building
The new Civic and Administration Centre was completed in June 2017, with staff relocating to the new premises commencing June 6.
The new centre is a modern, energy saving design equipped with a contemporary civic function space (Undalup Room) with a capacity of 400, inclusive of commercial kitchen facilities.
The building is home to 188 City staff, with 250 workstations ensuring room for future growth. There are 12 meeting rooms with varying availability for staff, Council, Committees and public use, and seven kitchens across three floors.
The new public Council Chambers accommodate significantly larger numbers (140) to welcome community and media to Council Meetings and Briefings, and our customer service facilities are new and improved.
The new building provides an iconic entrance to the City of Busselton. The total cost was $23.3 million, funded through a combination of City reserve funding and an $18 million loan secured at a fixed rate of interest for 20 years.
One of the most important Council outcomes of 2015 was the decision to progress with the development of the new centre at the existing site on Southern Drive Busselton.
The old centre consisted of a collection of variously aged buildings and dongas and needed to be upgraded to support a growing workforce and community.
BGC were appointed to undertake the construction of the new centre, with MCG Architects and JCY Architects both appointed to lead design.
Some of the key features of the new building include:
- A 400 capacity function centre equipped with commercial kitchen and dance floor, available for public events.
- Energy saving design principles and water-wise landscaping.
- Photographic artworks showcasing the region’s natural beauty and rich history.
- Dedicated space for emergency response management.
- New public Council Chambers accommodating significantly larger numbers.
- Improved customer service facilities and public meeting space.
- Universal accessibility and improved vehicle and pedestrian accessibility.
- Modern technologies that will serve our growing community well into the future.