Civic and Administration Building
The Civic and Administration Centre was completed in June 2017. The upgraded facility was designed and built to support a growing workforce and community. The building is home to 188 City staff, with 250 workstations ensuring room for future growth. There are 12 meeting rooms with varying availability for staff, Council, Committees and public use, and seven kitchens across three floors.
The centre is a modern, energy saving design equipped with a contemporary civic function space (Undalup Room) with a capacity of 400 and includes commercial kitchen facilities.
The Civic and Administration Building provides an iconic entrance to the City of Busselton. The total cost was $23.3 million funded through a combination of City reserve funding and an $18 million loan secured at a fixed rate of interest for 20 years.
Some of the key features of the new building include:
- A 400 capacity function centre equipped with commercial kitchen and dance floor, available for public events.
- Energy saving design principles and water-wise landscaping.
- Photographic artworks showcasing the region’s natural beauty and rich history.
- Dedicated space for emergency response management.
- New public Council Chambers accommodating significantly larger numbers (140 people).
- Improved customer service facilities and public meeting space.
- Universal accessibility and improved vehicle and pedestrian accessibility.
- Modern technologies that will serve our growing community well into the future.