King Street Coastal Parkland Upgrade
- Works to commence early June 2020
- The parkland will be open to the public in September 2020.
About the Project
The King Street Coastal Parkland, including public ablution is a priority project due for upgrade and renewal. The upgrade will improve the overall appearance, accessibility and functionality of the popular parkland.
The design provides easy access to the beach and carpark, maintains open views to the bay and provides a limestone wall as coastal defences to protect the parkland from erosion. The design considers feedback received from the community.
Other design features include:
- New ablution block
- New BBQ, picnic tables and shelters including universal access
- Coastal re-vegetation renewal works and coastal sea wall
- A bike rack and bike repair station
- New outdoor beach shower
- New bin enclosures
- Aggregate pathways for improved connectivity
- Additional grassed areas
- A potential mobile food vendor/kiosk site
The King Street Coastal Parkland (Stage 1 works) will be open to the public in September 2020.
Access to construction areas is prohibited.
Image: This is what the new parkland will look like.
Image: King Street Coastal Parkland and ablution block due for renewal and upgrade.