Waste Water

When is an application required?

Reticulated sewerage is not available to all areas in the Busselton region. Therefore on some properties, onsite disposal of wastewater is required. An Application to Construct or Install an Apparatus for the Treatment of Sewage must be lodged when you intend to install an effluent treatment system. The applicable fees appear on the application form and must be paid at the time the application is lodged.

Commercial premises

Effluent disposal for certain larger residences or commercial premises will require approval from the Western Australian Department of Health. In the first instance, the application form and applicable fee is to be forwarded to the City of Busselton. The Department of Health offer guidance on applying for approval for a commercial system. 


If the information that you are looking for is not here, please phone 9781 0444 and ask to speak to someone in Environmental Health.