Kerbside Recycling Service
A yellow-top bin recycling service is provided if a domestic rubbish collection service is provided.
Please contact the City of Busselton on (08) 9781 0444 to arrange delivery of a free recycle bin and inclusion on the service run.
The Recycling Bin Service collects and recycles more than 3,000 tonnes of recyclable materials over a 12 month period.
Cleanaway is the City of Busselton’s kerbside recycling contractor. Their website is www.cleanaway.com.au
Inquiries about missed recycling bins and other operational issues should be emailed to bunbury.MUN@cleanaway.com.au or telephone Cleanaway on 13 13 39, or toll free on 1800 049 193
Educational videos regarding Cleanaway’s new Materials Recycling Facility in South Guildford can be found at www.youtube.com
Contamination of Recycling Bins is a Problem
Please do not place these things in the yellow top bin:
- household food waste - put it in the dark green wheelie bin
- electronic goods (eg TV and computer waste) - drop it off at either the Busselton Transfer Station or the Dunsborough Waste Facility for free so we can recycle it as E-waste
- fluorescent lights & long life light globes - drop them off at either the City of Busselton administration building on Southern Drive or at one of the Waste Facilities for free so we can recycle them responsibly
- needles and syringes - contact the waste department on 9781 0359 for a disposal unit for sharps
- rubber and leather - put them in your dark green general rubbish bin
- garden refuse and grass clippings - dispose of green waste at either of the Waste Facilities or bag it up and put it in your dark green wheelie bin
- mulch and leaves - dispose of green waste at either of the Waste Facilities or bag it up and put it in your dark green wheelie bin
- clothing and toys - if in good condition donate to charity, if not put it in the dark green wheelie bin
- timber - dispose of at the Dunsborough Waste Facility. Untreated timber which can be re-used can also be disposed of at the Busselton Transfer Station.
- crockery and ceramics - cannot be recycled - put it in the dark green wheelie bin
- broken plate glass - cannot be recycled - put it in the dark green wheelie bin
- nappies - landfill only - put them in the dark green wheelie bin
- batteries - alkaline batteries can be disposed of in the dark green wheelie bin, rechargeable batteries can be taken to the City Administration building or one of the Waste Facilities for free so we can recycle them
- oil, acid or chemicals of any kind - contact the waste department on (08) 9781 0359 for information on disposal of chemicals, acid and oil.
Our kerbside recycling program now accepts all clean plastic containers and bags, including polystyrene, plastic bags and bread bags
(Some of the above items are accepted at the Waste Disposal Sites - refer to these sections for further information.)
For more information please contact the City of Busselton Waste Administration on (08) 9781 0359 or Cleanaway on (08) 9724 6400.
New Recycling Contractor for City of Busselton
In June 2017 the City of Busselton engaged a new contractor to provide a fortnightly recycling collection service for all households and businesses with yellow-top recycling bins.
Cleanaway will continue to service each property on a fortnightly basis, however, the City has been divided into “Week 1” and “Week 2”.
The day of the week for the recycling collection has not changed for any property.
The items that belong in the yellow-top recycling bins will not change.
Yes: Newspapers; Magazines; Paper; Cardboard; Glass Bottles and Jars; Steel Containers; Aluminium Cans; Aerosol Cans; Drink Cartons; All disposable packaging (including plastic bags, polystyrene, paper coffee cups, etc).
No: Food; Clothing; Nappies; Electronic Waste; Green Waste; Large Waste Items.