CBD Parking Map
MANAGEMENT OF PARKING RESTRICTIONS WITHIN THE CITY OF BUSSELTON
PATROLLED PARKING AREAS - Objectives/Statement of Intent
The following sets out the key objectives/statement of intent in relation to the City’s enforcement of parking and traffic controls –
- The aim of parking and traffic controls and their enforcement is to ensure the efficient and equitable use and management of parking in the City, especially in the Busselton City Centre and Dunsborough Town Centre.
- The City aims to provide consistent enforcement of parking and traffic controls throughout any given year and across any given week, but available staffing resources and workload demands at any given time may affect the City’s capacity to enforce parking controls from time-to-time. Notwithstanding that, residents and visitors are responsible for ensuring they are complying with parking controls at all times.
- The City will review parking controls periodically and adjust parking and traffic controls as appropriate and following completion of appropriate consultation and applicable legal/administrative processes. The City will be conscious of available resources and the need to provide for consistent enforcement in determining when, where and what parking and traffic controls should be applied.
- The City’s parking local law provides for control of both public car parking (on-street and public car parks) and, where requested by the landowners, private car parking (e.g. some shopping centre car parks). The City encourages landowners to request that the City manage private car parking areas in and around the Busselton City Centre and Dunsborough Town Centre, and will generally support requests to manage private parking areas where the controls to be applied are consistent with the approach to managing public parking and the City’s capacity to consistently enforce those controls. If the landowner wishes to have parking controls applied that are not considered to be appropriate or enforceable by the City, then the City will not agree to manage the relevant parking area. The City also does not have the capacity to manage private car parking outside the Busselton City Centre and Dunsborough Town Centre.
- The City will engage in community education and provision of information as appropriate and as resources allow, assisting residents and visitors to determine what and where parking is available to meet their needs.
As part of our commitment to the provision of information to enable residents and visitors to determine what and where parking is available to meet their needs, the following maps identify the current timed parking restrictions within the Busselton CBD, and Dunsborough.