KidSport will make it possible for Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project through their participating local government.
KidSport is being rolled out throughout Western Australia, including some regional local governments. At this stage KidSport is only available in the local governments that have signed up to be involved in the initiative. The City of Busselton has registered to participate in the program.
Application forms are available from the link below, Geographe Leisure Centre or the City of Busselton Administration building.
What are the eligible criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card or be referred by a 'recognised' referral agent.
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to (exceptions may apply).
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area(exceptions may apply).
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other related costs as identified by the club.)
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid (exceptions may apply).
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.
For more information about KidSport, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org