Sport & Recreation Facilities Strategy 2020 - 2030
Adopted on 13 May 2020 the City of Busselton Sport and Recreation Facilities Strategy 2020-2030 serves as a guide to the development and provision of Sport and Recreation infrastructure throughout the District. The Strategy is the outcome of one of the City’s most comprehensive and engaging community consultation.
With limited resources (municipal funds, land, external funding) the City cannot deliver all of the desired community infrastructure immediately and Council believe the Strategy represents a fair, balanced and sustainable approach to facility development throughout the District as a whole.
Click here for further information on the City of Busselton Sport and Recreation Facilities Strategy 2020-2030 and to Have your Say
Lou Weston Oval – District Netball Facilities
Dunsborough Lakes Sports Precinct
- Sporting infrastructure for the Dunsborough sub-district including soccer, cricket and court sports.
- Planning & Design Development currently underway.
- Works to commence in the last quarter of 2020/21.
Recently Completed Projects
Busselton Tennis Club relocation
- The new Busselton Tennis Club formally opened on 23 November 2019. The relocation of this facility has made space available in the Foreshore Precinct to allow for more functional use by visitors of all ages whilst providing the tennis members and participants with new club facilities.
John Edwards Pavilion upgrade
- The Dunsborough Football Club formally opened the pavilion upgrade on 8 September 2019. The 137m2 upgrade was completed by the club and included an indoor social space, veranda and upgrades to the bar and kitchen.
- The project was funded in partnership with the City of Busselton ($125,000 cash contribution & $75,000 self-supporting loan), and the Dunsborough Football Club (cash and in-kind contributions from local businesses).
Redevelopment of Barnard Park
The Barnard Park Pavilion was officially opened on 14 October 2017. Completion of the pavilion marks the end of the Barnard Park Sporting Precinct Project which commenced in 2014 with the installation of the new ovals, car parks, cricket wicket and nets, and the fire services running track.
The Pavilion is managed by the Barnard Park Sports Association and will provide club rooms for cricket and rugby as well as servicing the sports of soccer and the Busselton Volunteer Fire Services for their fire fighting competitions.
The pavilion represents a $1.9million investment in the health and well-being of our community with a financial contribution of $542,000 received from State Government.
The community is able to hire the building for social occasions by emailing email@example.com
Upgrade of Churchill Park
- Following the development of the Churchill Park Electrical and Ablutions Master Plan in 2012, significant municipal funding was provided over the past 5 years to address electrical safety and plumbing issues, upgrade irrigation, improving power supply and access/carparking. A relocated building has provided a new Club Facility for Croquet and fencing of the area has also been completed.
- Further improvements to sports field 1 and floodlighting are being considered as part of the City’s asset management plan.