Busking Guidelines / Permit
The City welcomes non-commissioned street performers (buskers) as a means of creating social interaction amongst visitors and residents, adding vibrancy and interest to public spaces, creating opportunities for performers and for people to enjoy public streets and spaces.
The City has created designated ‘busk stops’ at various suitable locations across Busselton, Dunsborough and Yallingup. Buskers are required to obtain a permit from the City to perform at the designated busk stops.
To obtain a City of Busselton busking permit buskers need to submit their details below and agree to act in accordance with the following conditions. The conditions have been set out to ensure buskers operate within a manner that maximises the safety and positive experience for buskers, members of the public and nearby businesses.
- Buskers shall not perform in a public place without a permit.
- A permit allows a busker to use the designated busk stop locations. Additional busk stop locations may be approved on request at the absolute discretion of the CEO.
- A permit is valid for 12 months, unless cancelled in accordance with local laws.
- A permit allows a busker to use a designated busk stop for a maximum period of two hours, at which time the busker may move to a different designated busk stop, dependant on availability.
- Buskers are not permitted to perform within two metres of businesses and outdoor eating areas.
- Buskers are not permitted to use dangerous implements or materials such as, but not limited to fire, knives, swords and chainsaws.
- Buskers are not permitted to use amplifiers.
- Buskers must comply with the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulation 1997.
- Buskers may receive voluntary donations from members of the public.
- Buskers are not permitted to advertise performances and/or goods for sale.
- Buskers under the age of 14 must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Buskers under the age of 16 are not permitted to perform during school hours or between 6pm and 6am.
- Buskers may perform between the hours 9am and 9pm.
- Buskers are not permitted to undertake canvassing or soliciting activities.
To obtain a City of Busselton busking permit please submit the following details:
I agree to perform at the City of Busselton designated busk stops in accordance with the above listed conditions * (Required)
DESIGNATED BUSK STOPS – SIGNAGE AND LOCATIONS
The designated busk stops are identifiable by the signage at the location of the busk stop.
- Corner of Queen and Duchess St (Subculture Retail Store)
- Mitchell Park
- Fig Tree Lane, Prince St end and Kent St end
- Art Geo Cultural Precinct
- Base of the Busselton Jetty
- Lions Park
- Hannay Lane