KidSport enables eligible Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. KidSport allows eligible youth aged 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project through their participating local government.
KidSport applications are assess by the local government in which the child resides. If an application is approved, the parents will receive a code (unique to the application) via email. the code needs to be provided to the club so that the approved amount can be deducted from the registration fees.
To apply online click here: Kidsport This link will take you to the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries website.
What are the eligible criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card .
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to (exceptions may apply).
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area (exceptions may apply).
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other related costs as identified by the club.)
- Maximum of up to $150 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid (exceptions may apply).
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.
For more information about KidSport, email email@example.com