COVID-19 – Information, Updates and FAQ's

For the latest COVID-19 information please visit the WA Government website via the link below. 

COVID-19 - Latest Updates


How can I stay up to date with the latest information?

Updates from the State Government along with community and health information and advice on any current restrictions is available here

Will waste collection services be impacted?

In the event of a lockdown, waste collection services will be maintained by the City of Busselton unless otherwise directed.

How do I lodge a work or request?

You can easily lodge a work or service request via the Report It form or call us on 08 9781 0444.

Can I attend a Council meeting in person?

COVID-19 restrictions may prevent members from the public from attending a Council meeting in person. For information about attending a Council meeting. Please contact the Governance Team

Can I attend a Community Access Session in person?

COVID-19 restrictions may prevent members of the public from attending a Community Access Session in person. For information about attending a Council meeting. Please contact the Governance team

Can I view Council Meetings online?

Yes, Council Meetings are available for viewing the following day after a Council Meeting via our YouTube channel.

How can I contact a Councillor?

You can contact the Mayor and Councillors via email or phone. All of their contact information is available via our website Councillors page.

How can can I stay up to date with Council news?

If you haven't subscribed to the City's Bay to Bay electronic newsletter now is a good time to do so. You can subscribe via this link. You can also keep up to date with City news through the City's Council advertising page City Connect (Busselton Dunsborough Mail), our website and social media channels.

Can I hire a municipal hall, venue or sporting field?

In the event of a lockdown or the introduction of other COVID-safe restrictions, the City may close or restrict access to venues including halls and function rooms. In this instance please direct any queries to our Venue Support Services Team on 9871 0383 or Email:

Library Access

In the event of a lockdown or the introduction of other COVID-safe restrictions, the City may close or restrict access to its libraries.For more information visit the Libraries website.

Can I access Library services online?

Our libraries have a number of eResources available to you. You can digitally checkout eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eFilms and eMusic. To do this, visit this link and follow the instructions:

  • If you have any questions, our staff will still be available to assist so please contact the Busselton Library on 9781 1777 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Please be mindful of limited staff availability however.
  • Further information pertaining to the library (current loans, after hours chute etc) can all be found via the Library website.

Accordion Item 11 Content

What is social distancing and why is it important?

COVID-19 is spread via droplets which can be transmitted through coughing, sneezing taking or simply breathing. Keeping your distance from others is critical as we seek to slow down the spread of Covid-19. Remember don't shake hands or exchange physical greetings. Good hand hygiene is also essential especially after being in public places. Advice about COVID-19 will change rapidly. Stay up to date via

What can I do to support my community?

It's important we all continue to look out for each other - particularly in the instance of a full or partial lockdown. Check in on others and reach out to those most at risk: neighbours living alone, the elderly and people with pre-existing medical conditions. Confirm their telephone number so you can contact them during periods of isolation. They may also need your help to replenish essential items and fill prescriptions for essential medicines. In assisting others you must comply with COVID-safe restrictions.

Is the Civic and Administration Building open?

In the event of a lockdown or the introduction of other COVID-safe restrictions by the State Government, the City may close or restrict access to the Civic Administration Building on Short Street Busselton. In this instance, our Customer Service Team can always be contacted 9781 0444 or emailed directly on

How can I lodge a planning and / or building application?

Unless closures or restrictions are in place you can lodge a building application in person at the City of Busselton Customer Service Centre. At any time, applications can be lodged via our website by clicking on this link. Alternatively you can email your application to The City via this email address.

What travel restrictions are in place?

For information on current travel restrictions please visit:

Are the City's Waste Management Centres Open?

In the event of a lockdown and unless otherwise advised, the City’s Waste Transfer Stations will be closed to all expect those who do not have rubbish bin service and must dispose of waste that may cause obnoxious odours or have medical conditions requiring the appropriate disposal of medical-related waste products. 

What support is there for me as a result of COVID-19 hardship?

The Australian Government is providing financial assistance to Australians to support them through the COVID-19 crisis. You can find out more about these measures here

What financial support is there for businesses impacted by COVID-19?

The Australian Government is supporting Australian Businesses to manage cash flow challenges and retain employees. You can find out about Government relief measures here:

What are the restrictions on social gatherings?

For information about current restrictions visit COVID 19 What You Can and Cant Do

What happens if I have paid for an event and it has been cancelled?

 If you have bought a ticket to attend an event which has been cancelled or postponed, you should contact the event organiser to ascertain whether a refund or credit can be provided. 

Related Information

Covid-19 Supporting Local Business

Covid-19 Financial Hardship Relief 

If you've encountered a problem with the website or have any general feedback, please provide comment via this form.

Was this page helpful?