Restricted Access Vehicles

Main Roads WA (MRWA) is responsible for approvals for Restricted Access Vehicle (RAV) usage of all roads through their Heavy Vehicle Services (HVS) section with new processes taking effect from September 2016.

All relevant information and applications to have a road added or amended on a RAV Network must be submitted to HVS

Once the form is submitted, HVS will liaise directly with the City as the road asset owner to arrange a preliminary assessment of the road and seek our support. HVS will then coordinate the formal route assessment and approval process, and then inform the applicant and the City of the outcome.

Main Roads WA Heavy Vehicle Services maintains detailed mapping of approved routes and applicable conditions.

Related Information

Main Roads WA Heavy Vehicle Services Mapping

Heavy Vehicle Services

If you've encountered a problem with the website or have any general feedback, please provide comment via this form.

Was this page helpful?

Get Audio Code